So I have this friend who is an amazing chef. Even before I try her recipes while I’m looking through the pictures my mouth waters. So I will post some of my favorite recipes that she makes that I have tried and I will also give you a link to her site so you can get her recipes. Her name is Melinda Tucker @ Discover Gluten Freedom. So these are in no particular order, oh here is her website and if you have any questions ask her she is awesome. She also gives you the option to watch her make the recipes, how cool is that.
- 8 oz dry Gluten Free Pasta, any shape works here, the dish will take on a “style” of its own
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 to 1 pound chicken or beef, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium to large onion, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup stock or water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Combine taco seasoning, salt pepper and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add meat and stir/toss to coat.
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil the pasta. cook according to directions, drain and place in a large serving bowl or platter.
- In a large pan (12 inch is great) add the oil. Heat over medium to medium high heat. When hot, add the meat and cook quickly, while keeping it moving in the pan, until done.
- Transfer the meat, leaving the drippings to a dish.
- Reduce heat to medium In the same pan add the butter and let it melt and blend with any remaining seasoning in the pan
- Add the peppers and onions, stir/toss to evenly coat in the butter.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes until they are just beginning to soften.
- Add the stock.
- Reduce heat to low, give them a stir, cover and cook an additional 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add the butter, cream, garlic and meat back into the skillet.
- Stir until combines and hot.
- Serve over the pasta and top with parsley and fresh grated parmesan.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots (about 1 1/2 cups) sliced
- 3 ribs of celery (about 1 1/2 cups) sliced
- 3 cups chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust, sliced into 1″ x 2″ strips
- Add stock and water to a 5 quart pot and bring to a boil over high heat
- Add the carrots and celery
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add Chicken, bring back up to heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Add “Dumplings” and simmer for 5 minutes.
Ingredients: Now on this one I did not add cinnamon, not a big fan of it but it still tasted great
- 2 Medium Onions, sliced
- 8 Carrots, peeled or scrubbed and sliced
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick (sometimes, I use 2 sweet potatoes and 1 parsnip)
- 4 Celery Ribs, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen green beans cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 1/2 – 4 pound boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup low sodium, all natural beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice *optional
- In a 6 quart crock pot layer onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, celery and green beans.
- Place roast on top
- In a medium bowl combine liquids and spices.
- Pour over meat and vegetables
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours
- Reduce setting and cook on low for 7 1/2 – 8 hours, until meat is very tender.
- Pull roast apart with two forks and stir to combine with liquid.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot in a wide mouth bowl.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 12 slices prosciutto (Italian Ham)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip. Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp.
- Serve immediately.
- 5 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed,
- 2 leeks minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb bacon cubed
- 4 to 5 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese.
- Sour cream and green onions for garnish.
- Saute bacon and remove from pot.
- Remove most of the bacon grease add leeks and garlic and saute them.
- Add potatoes and stock cook until tender.
- Blend with blender add more stock and cream return to heat.
- Add cheese and season to taste.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions, and bacon bits.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1(14.5 ounce) can Italian stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can beans, red kidney, or great northern, garbanzo, even green beans work well, drained.
- 2-3 cups chopped leftover meat, like beef or pork roast, or chicken
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1-2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup cooked gluten-free macaroni or other short pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Grated Parmesan for Garnish
- In a large saucepan, saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add water, stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, meat and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spinach, macaroni, salt and pepper and heat through.
- Serve and garnish with Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoon of my taco seasoning
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 16oz container sour cream
- 1 16oz jar salsa, or 2 cups
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Lettuce, torn or shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans.
- Spread the mixture into a large dish
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread over the refried beans.
- Add a layer of salsa, followed by a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with black olives.
For my salad version, I omit the lettuce from the layer process. I place a big portion of lettuce in a large bowl and top with a couple big spoon full of the layer dip, and give it a little drizzle of my Texican Vinaigrette.