Where has my summer gone.
As some of you know I work with children that have multi-needs and last year was the first year I didn’t work summer school, doctors orders. This year I opted not to work summer school again because I was diagnosed with several other autoimmune diseases and well I just need the rest. I love my job but it is a very physical.
I did work a lot on No Gluten Natural Girl Products but had a blast doing it, I did not spend as much time at my pool or in my pool as I wanted and this year no vacation but we spent a lot of time with friends and family so I’m good with that.
This is my last week off, next week we go back to school and I have to figure out what I will be bringing for lunch. Lunch is not easy in our room, everyone has a child and not many of our children eat because of their health issues. We don’t have a regular lunch break like many of you do because of the type of classroom I am in, so because of this we try not to bring foods that needs to be warmed up.
I am not a big fan of gluten-free bread it falls apart and well I just don’t like it much so unless I bake my own bread which I do from time to time sandwiches are out and I will only bring them on occasion. Of course I could bring chips and veggies, crackers and cheese but I am trying to not eat dairy (Yes I have a feeling I am lactose intolerant) another thing to add to the list
So I figured I would research what parents send when their child has Celiac Disease and found some great ideas and I added some of my own.
- Left overs from dinner
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh veggies
- Pop corn
- Chips with salsa or humus (can be used with veggies too)
- Gluten free pretzels
- Nuts, almonds (my favorite) sunflower seeds
- Lettuce wraps (love these) I fill mine with chicken salad or tuna salad
- Home made trail mix (yummy)
- Gluten free crackers
- Gluten free cookies or brownies
- Pasta Salad (another favorite of mine)
- Think Thin Bars (maybe not for kids but I love them) I think thin all the time but nothing happens I still weight the same
- Glutino Blueberry Breakfast Bars (they have others, this one is my favorite)
- Sushi (I love sushi) Keep it in the frig.
So far not a bad list and of course we always have chocolate in our room (In the file cabinet) LOL Sometimes you just need it. If you have any other ideas let me know and I will add it to my list.